Show more than 4 people on Teams video

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Looking back through previous forum posts, it looks like there have been plans to expand the max number of windows shown in calls from 2x2 to 3x3, so you would be able to see 9 people on video at a time rather than 4.

Has there been any progress on this? You're probably aware that a huge number of people are now working from home, so this would be a very useful feature to have at the moment!

Thanks

Mike

84 Replies

@Tanya1748 Like Tanya's District, my wife's district only allows MS Teams and the 4 person window is a challenge.  Our company only uses MS Teams and the 4 window screen has been a challenge since we adopted Teams about 1+ year ago.  It seems like now, given work from home orders, would be a good time to incorporate multiple window.  Please.

@Johnt330 @Tanya1748 This is one of the biggest reasons that our district switched to Google's G Suite...their Hangouts Meet app has been amazing for connecting our classes all at once!

@slangbein 

Hi

Please also vote on the issue as that may help prioritise it.

Thanks.

Derek

@Johnt330 

Hi John

Please also vote on the issue as that may help prioritise it.

Thanks.

Derek

I completely agree with Tanya.  My district will be using Teams for the first time starting on Monday and it is really disappointing that we cannot see more than 4 students at a time.  We were using Zoom and really appreciated that feature.  Please look into making that change.  Many teachers are considering switching back to zoom. @Tanya1748 

How do you vote? Sorry- new to this chat.
This would be a good option to have more than 4 in a window.

Did you find a solution to this @Tanya1748 

I am a teacher as well. I have 160 students, yet I can only see 4 at a time. We are in a crucial time where our students need to see faces of their peers to help support metal health. Zoom allows you to see a lot more than 4, but not district approved. Please please please work on this feature!!!

Essential - zoom does upward of 47

Done - thank you - this is such an important feature. I feel as if Microsoft is way BEHIND in times on this technology feature, especially since so many businesses and schools have now switched to working from home in order to remain safe and to practice social distancing @Derek_Hart 

Agreed and thanks ... we live in hope ....
Stay safe.

@jvinciguerra2   Did you ever find out how to see 4 people at once on the web version?  Like you I can only see who is talking each time, not the whole audience.

@Matt Hooper , my company uses Webex which has a ton more features, including the ability to see dozens of faces at once. Zoom is also great, but I don't have much experience with it. Might not be worth it for MS to try to compete in that space. They should find a niche that Teams can fill distinctively.

how do you vote for this we want to use it instead of webex @Derek_Hart