Show more than 4 people on Teams video

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Looking back through previous forum posts, it looks like there have been plans to expand the max number of windows shown in calls from 2x2 to 3x3, so you would be able to see 9 people on video at a time rather than 4.

Has there been any progress on this? You're probably aware that a huge number of people are now working from home, so this would be a very useful feature to have at the moment!

Thanks

Mike

84 Replies
No further updates here except that’s it coming but no ETA

Adam

@Mikehopkins18 

It would be really great if we could have this facility.

We run hearings and can't really do this succesfully when you can't see everyone. 

@Mikehopkins18 Best thing to do is use the https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17010055-show-video-for-all-pe... feature request - you can vote for it (I just did that!) and then check for updates

Done ....

@SwAG_Ben 

@Derek_Hart , you could try zoom - which does show all video participants, while waiting on Teams.

Just did, hope it will be solved within hours now seeing the situation
Or to use slack (supports up to 15 participants with video in a call)

Not sure if necessary bandwidht OR TRouter or TURN Server configuration is the reason why only 4 concurrent videos are supported.

For sure it's not a simple task...otherwise they would have solved it already right from the beginning ;)
Just voted, thanks @SwAG_Ben

@Mikehopkins18 

How do you enable multiple view of people 3 or 4 currently what I'm gonna chat of three or four people it switches back-and-forth between each speaker it's not a split screen between all of us.

Please! Microsoft! I'm a teacher on my first day of online teaching and was so disappointed that in team meetings you can only see, at most, 4 students at a time. In Zoom, you can see everyone (and all of the students can see each other) but my district has only approved MS teams...please, it can't be that difficult to allow more video streaming per meeting. SOON, like today please!

Thanks for posting this. I expect MSFT is losing business to competitors due to this alone. I have up-voted on Uservoice. 

@jvinciguerra2 I think showing up to 4 people is default if you are using the Desktop app (i.e. not the web interface). Otherwise I'm not sure as I've only ever had that multi-window mode, maybe one of the buttons along the bottom of the video window?

@Tanya1748 Please also vote on the issue as that may help prioritise it.

Thanks.

Derek

@Mikehopkins18 

Just bonkers that this is not implemented, all the major competitors have this functionality. As an Infrastructure Manager I'm being flooded with emails and calls daily from the competitors to get me to use their platform and I'm very tempted to just move over to Webex.

@JoshC214421 

Please also vote on the issue as that may help prioritise it.

Thanks.

Derek

I would love this feature also!

@Woodhousep 

Hi

Please also vote on the issue as that may help prioritise it.

Thanks.

Derek

@Mikehopkins18  Thanks for raising this topic. We just had a company wide "Happy Hour" and could only view 4 of the 12 people, based on those who last spoke. My kids and wife have now been using Zoom and that provides a much better interface to see 30+ views at a time. I might have to recommend our next Team Happy Hour be on Zoom.

@slangbein 

Same here!! It is hard to understate the value of this, and not just for HH but for all meetings!

Searching__Inbox_.jpg