Sharing Calendar with Guests

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to have a shared calendar in Teams which guest can access. I've setup created group in OWA and entered the calendar URL in Teams however guests are unable to access the calendar.

Essentially what I'd like is shared calendar only with the events related to that Team.

Cheers,

a

8 Replies
Either use a SharePoint calendar or if you want to use the group calendar you can’t use a link as you said due to guest not having an exchange license!
What works however is to add the group calendar webpart in the SharePoint Team site and add this page as a sharepoint tab! Guests will be able to see all events (the next ten) and add to their calendar
Or if everyone is going to use Desktop client you can also utilize SharePoint calendar (Events List). And link to the Calendar View. you can add &isdlg=1 to the end of the URL (if that don't work it's ?isdlg=1 to strip all the excess off the page. It works fine, but only with Desktop client. This is what we use currently. You could use a hybrid approach with the Calendar and an events webpart on a page with a tab to the page as well.

We are still waiting for a better calendar solution from Microsoft, but the uservoice for the group calendar has been working on it for some time. Hopefully we get some good news on this front at ignite or something!
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16933204-include-office-365-gr...

Within Teams there is no good Calendar solution. The only solution that partially works is to publish the calendar and use the web URL in a web link tab within Teams. It partially works because it doesn't work on mobile clients due to formatting and it is view only.

Anything else you can do in SharePoint but doesn't work well on mobile and isn't modern. Use the old events list and the new events webpage in modern but get users to sync the calendar to outlook rather than use it in SharePoint.

@Chris Webb 

Hi.

I tried over and over and via different ways and there is not (anymore) an App Calendar. Even when searching in all Apps available in sharepoint. What am i doing worng. I followed all steps but App Calendar is no longer available (and i saw some 2019 print screen images where it was). Microsoft removed it? Do you recommend another approach? Or another app even if it is 3rd party?

It's still there on all my sites. Make sure your "Team Collaboration Lists" Site Feature is activated.

@Chris Webb 

Please can you explain me a bit more the step by step process.

Seems i'm not seing the same as you should be seeing.

Thank you in advance

@adam deltinger 

"..add the group calendar webpart in the SharePoint Team site and add this page as a sharepoint tab!"

This sounds like it will work, Adam, but I am new to SharePoint and having a hard time understanding the steps to make it happen. 

Could you explain further, step by step so I can try this?