SOLVED

Sharing a Teams Calendar

Occasional Contributor

Hello all. I have been a Teams Admin for about 6 months. I have 6 team members I would like to share a common calendar with.  What is the best way to set up a share a Team Calendar, that my team members can update themselves?  I would like the Calendar to be displayed in Teams like in outlook. Some of my team members do not use exchange or outlook as their primary email, calendar or appointments.

22 Replies

@adam deltinger 

Hi, I have just set up my first MS teams space. The calendar is "automatically provided", to me as a owner yes. I would like Guest users as well to see and use the calendar. How can I make it accessible to them? Not found a way to do so yet.

Thanks for any advice

Michael

@Michael_Thiel I don't think there is a Calendar "automatically provided". If in the Teams app you are seeing a calendar (like in the sidebar), that is your personal calendar, not a team calendar. Information on work arounds above in this thread.

The problem is that though Msft talks a lot about "integration", Teams and Outlook aren't integrated in any meaningful way. Most people would define integration as meaning Teams has a calendar template that can get data from Outlook and vice versa. That obviously would make sense but Msft only provides a half baked iframe option that allows you to embed an Outlook calendar in a Teams tab - an option that comes with so many limitations and issues that it really isn't a workable solution. For one thing, a group calendar url opens for some users on their personal view not the group view, so is pretty much worthless.

Hard to believe a real shared calendar option wasn't built before Teams launched but Msft has always suffered from a territorial culture and getting any kind of integration between their product groups is a challenge for them.