Sharepoint page stops loading in Teams client Tab

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed that when adding a Sharepoint page to a Team's tab the page eventually stops loading in the Teams client.

While it displays beautifully when it is first added, it seems that once the client is closed and then reopened some time later, clicking on the same page tab simply presents a blank screen.

It loads correctly in the web version of Teams though. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

30 Replies
Highlighted
Yes the website option works better usually! I’ve never had the login problem though or anyone else I’ve heard of! But it might have to do with if you have sso or not..
Highlighted
I'll mention that to IT. Thanks!
Highlighted

Thanks for the heads up about the website tab. It does work and does provide a login (both the standard O365 and a purple ADFS one), interestingly enough once logged in all the other SharePoint based tabs began working again too. Think you have a bug on your hands Microsoft as it does not appear that the users credentials are being passed along properly to SharePoint based tabs. 

Highlighted
Yeah! I’ll try to get more info on this!
Highlighted

Dear all

I want oty thank everyone who has replied to my original poost about this. I suseocted it had sometign to do with passing credentials arond but i am not technical enough to know the ins and outs. I must admit that i thought adding the site as a websute tab also produced the issue after a while but maybe i am mistaken or MS did make some change to at least allow this.. I'll do as the suggestion and see if it holds until they can get his sorted.

Highlighted
Great! Let us know how it goes!!

Adam
Highlighted

Thanks for this info.  I have been seeing similar things, but there isn't much consistency to when the problem occurs.  It is a significant problem that makes what could be great functionality, almost unusable.  I don't think Microsoft is currently aware\investigating the problem.  I have also found that updating the settings of the tab will often bring the tab back, despite not being logged into the sharepoint website or office 365.  I will try to raise a ticket with Microsoft.

Highlighted
Keep us posted!

Adam
Highlighted

I posted this to the Teams feedback area in hopes that the Teams developers become aware of the problem.  Please upvote below if you have experienced this problem.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36706186-sharepoint-tabs-won-t...

Highlighted
Hi Chris,
Can you share some details about how your users access to Office 365? I'm specifically thinking on things such as if you have ADFS deployed, if there are any restrictions applied to your corporate network and so on. What I can do here is to point the Team to this thread, but more information is required.

Thanks!
Highlighted

Thanks, Chris! I've also noticed that if I have created one of the tabs as a Website link and it asks me each time to login, then if I choose "Keep me signed in" and "don't show this again" then it seems to persist beyond closing Teams and rebooting the computer. Additionally it appears to keep me logged in to the tabs that were created as Sharepoint Pages as well, since they no longer disappear each time. Might not be the case for everyone but something that seems to be working on my end.