SOLVED

Sharepoint News App & Teams

Copper Contributor

I have created a news feed under a subsite (this was done because of the request of the team to have two separate news feeds without having to create another team but I digress) but I am unsure if I can set up the 'Sharepoint News' connector in Teams to post stories from my sub site or whether this will only work for the main news feed (the one that exists under the team itself). 

I have been considering going the Microsoft Flow route for just the subsite's news posts to post to a specific channel but before doing that I was hoping there was a solution for me to get the SharePoint News connector working with the subsite. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MBUWACR (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK, the News Connector only works with the site tied to the Team, so I don't expect news being published in a subsite are going to be consumed by the connector
Juan is right. The connect currently only works with existing group connected site. Also try to not use subsites if at all possible they aren’t really getting much support going forward and is recommended to not use by Microsoft.

Flow is your best bet from either another site or you can utilize metadata on the existing site so your news can be filters on the news webpart if needed or create just a separate communication site for the other news.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MBUWACR (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK, the News Connector only works with the site tied to the Team, so I don't expect news being published in a subsite are going to be consumed by the connector

View solution in original post