SharePoint Monthly Calendar view within Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I'm trying to figure out why I can't get a SP calendar to display as a monthly view within a Teams tab.

I'm part of another team that displays a monthly view just fine. 

How can I get the first screenshot to display as the second? 

Both of these calendars were created within the assigned Teams' SharePoint

FelQR_0-1593553788418.png

FelQR_1-1593553865527.png

6 Replies

Hi @FelQR  In my desktop app, my only choices are day, workweek or week - no monthly view.  See this:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-calendar/54728f6a-04f1-4d50-9c33-324b56...

The Uservoice update from January 2020 says this feature is on the backlog, but you should still vote for it.  The link to Uservoice is within the answer above.

@ThereseSolimeno  Thanks for your reply, but as described  (and shown in the OP), in another Team the monthly view shows just fine. 

Also when I click to open the Sharepoint Calendar, it opens as a monthly view in Internet explorer. 

I think this might have to do with the SP version that's being displayed as default in Teams. 

FelQR_0-1593556352584.png

How are you adding the monthly view to your channel? The monthly view is a classic view in a calendar list so the only way to add it to Teams is through the Web Tab.
I don't know if you figured this out, it doesn't say solved, but I think it's the type of tabs you added. The working one is a Website tab where someone just used a link to the calendar. The non-working screenshot looks like it was added using a Sharepoint tab.

I know this is a long time ago, but I was having this issue just today and have found a way to call a calendar out in month view just like that in Teams.
You have to make sure under (SharePoint) Site Settings -> Site Features -> Project Functionality is activated. Now, on the Home page of your target SharePoint site, there should be showing [Tasks] and [Calendar] in the left pane. Click on [Calendar]. Copy the url. Then go to your Teams desktop app, click on [+] on the top and add a tab by selecting [Website]. Paste the copied url here and click save. There, you have it now. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

@jaxfarmny  Thank you so much!  This is just what I needed today.