SharePoint List as Tab: Problem with Managed Metadata columns

Copper Contributor

Guys,

We're experience problems when we use a SharePoint List as a tab and this list contains a column of type Managed Metadata.

I attach an image to show the difference between Sharepoint Experience and TAB experience, but as a summary here:

1 - When we click on the icon highlighted with number 1, we receive options in Sharepoint, but not in Teams (area marked with number 2;
2 - There is no option to add a term, as in Sharepoint. The area identified with number 3 in the images.

I couldn't find other comments about this issue, but I apologize if this is something already mapped by the TEAMS' team.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

5 Replies

@fuchsdanielt 

Ok. I wasn't able to reproduce at first, but it seems to be an issue when utilizing the web client of Teams. If you use it in Desktop client it is working, but I experience the same when using Teams Web client. Bettering it's going to be a browser support thing. Going to try IE and Old Edge to see if it makes any difference. 

So only way I can get it to work is Desktop Client with Website Tab.

Chrome and Edgium both give similar results to yours.
IE and Old Edge give Frame errors "Might be related to this in general"
Desktop Client with SharePoint tab also has same results as using Chrome/Edgium.

Only way I can see to edit metadeta is using Website tab and Desktop client. Otherwise users will need to utilize the "Goto Website" option in Teams to pop out a browser to the data and edit there. I will report this to the Team to see if they can add as a bug.

@fuchsdanielt were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem where I cannot browse the term set in the Teams Desktop Client but fine in SharePoint and fine in Teams in my browser.

In the Desktop Client, when the list is exposed in a tab, there are not options visible in the managed metadata popup for the user to select from...

The first screenshot shows the Taxonomy (Managed Metadata column) NOT loading in the Teams Desktop Client and the second screenshot shows that the Taxonomy (Managed metadata column) loads fine in Teams via the browser.

Katherine_Deacon_0-1594598780188.pngKatherine_Deacon_1-1594598817601.png

Wow that’s still broken? A work around could be simply clicking to customize the form with powerapps and saving the default form. This will render using power apps and should allow use of it in teams.

@Chris Webb nice idea, but no... that didn't work.