Share to Teams is grayed out in Outlook

Silver Contributor

According to roadmap this feature for Outlook for Windows is still in development with planned release in March https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Outlook&searchterms=share%2Cto%2Cteams

But i can already see it in my Outlook when i press 3 dots menu in email header. Although it is grayed out. Maybe there is some setting or policy that has to be enabled in Teams Admin Center to enable this?

3 Replies
Hi, this is probably the most confusing roadmap item ever. It used to have a different id as well. Been delayed and pushed forward so many times and I believe they (Microsoft) in the process have totally forgot about information. There was a support page for this and some brief info at the MS docs, but can’t seem to find it now. At least we know it has a new roadmap id and is expected later next year. Can’t say why you see it, could be one of those tenants that actually got it before being withdrawn. Perhaps someone knows more about it and will reply.
Yeah, i know the history behind this and was actually explaining why we don't have it yet to one employee just a week ago and now another user found this button and is asking why it is not working.. :)

I have the "Share to Teams" option greyed out too. In my case Office 365 was upgraded only this week (around 2021-02-03) to the version 2012 build 13530.20440. So this does not look like a temporarily leaked unfinished functionality.