Share powerpoint from teams and channels missing

Copper Contributor

Hi i have a couple of problems with sharing files from a Teams meeting.

1. i have some staff presenting meetings from an iOS Device and it is hit or miss whether the Share option is available at all, i have run some tests and this looks to be something to do with the attendees being external to the organisation. (if i join early i can share the presentation) as soon as someone else joins the share option is gone. the meeting policy i have basically set to allON to see if i can make it work but no such luck.

2. This issue is recent, when issue 1. arises they generally ring me and i join the meeting from my PC or Mac and share the powerpoint from teams channel files and they take control, which although annoying was ok for the time being. but recently when i click Browse on powerpoint share within teams i only have OneDrive or Upload. Some of the files are in my recently viewed which is ok but some aren't.

i have worked out if i open the file in sharepoint and edit it it then appears in recent files but that isnt particularly viable for the two people actually doing the presenting.

Theoretically a solution to 1. or 2. (preferably 1.) would make life easier, so if anyone has any advice that would be appreciated.

i have tried setting up meetings from within teams, from outlook, adding to a channel, not adding to a channel. and via mac/PC and iOS. all seems to yield the same results.

1 Reply

Hello @Lessthantom   This is a known issue in our Uservoice feedback forum.  I can only suggest that you vote on this item (or open your own ticket) to give support to the fix: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40121542-powerpoint-does-...