SOLVED

Several breakout rooms questions

Copper Contributor
  1. Is it possible to recall single users back into the main room once they're in their sub-room?
  2. I believe there are three user levels: Organiser, Presenter and Guest. Is it possible for there to be multiple Organisers?
  3. If a new meeting is set up in Outlook 365 for Windows (New Items > Teams Meeting) from a shared mailbox, who is classed as the Organiser?
  4. Can a Presenter or Guest choose a specific sub-room to assign themselves to?
  5. Can a Presenter or Guest move between sub-rooms themselves?
  6. Can you send, for example, a link or an image to all sub-rooms at once?
  7. Can you record breakout room sessions? (voice audio, the text chat etc.)
2 Replies

I'am intersted in number 2: we are co-teachers and want both in de breakoutrooms for helping te students. @ebridgewater 

best response confirmed by ebridgewater (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ebridgewater 

Hi, to the best of my knowledge in my experience of breakout rooms thus far, the answers are as follows;

1. Is it possible to recall single users back into the main room once they're in their sub-room? No
  2. I believe there are three user levels: Organiser, Presenter and Guest. Is it possible for there to be multiple Organisers? No, only a single organiser
  3. If a new meeting is set up in Outlook 365 for Windows (New Items > Teams Meeting) from a shared mailbox, who is classed as the Organiser? I was only able to test this from Outlook web app and the organiser was the shared mailbox - which is what I would expect
  4. Can a Presenter or Guest choose a specific sub-room to assign themselves to?  No, the organiser assigns attendees to the breakout rooms either manually or automatically
  5. Can a Presenter or Guest move between sub-rooms themselves? Only the meeting organiser can do this
  6. Can you send, for example, a link or an image to all sub-rooms at once? I don't believe this is possible
  7. Can you record breakout room sessions? (voice audio, the text chat etc.) Yes, these are treated as individual Teams meetings and may be recorded

More features will doubtless come to breakout rooms,  Check out this great blog post on the subject for more information - https://myteamsday.com/2020/12/09/teams-breakout-rooms/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ebridgewater (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ebridgewater 

Hi, to the best of my knowledge in my experience of breakout rooms thus far, the answers are as follows;

1. Is it possible to recall single users back into the main room once they're in their sub-room? No
  2. I believe there are three user levels: Organiser, Presenter and Guest. Is it possible for there to be multiple Organisers? No, only a single organiser
  3. If a new meeting is set up in Outlook 365 for Windows (New Items > Teams Meeting) from a shared mailbox, who is classed as the Organiser? I was only able to test this from Outlook web app and the organiser was the shared mailbox - which is what I would expect
  4. Can a Presenter or Guest choose a specific sub-room to assign themselves to?  No, the organiser assigns attendees to the breakout rooms either manually or automatically
  5. Can a Presenter or Guest move between sub-rooms themselves? Only the meeting organiser can do this
  6. Can you send, for example, a link or an image to all sub-rooms at once? I don't believe this is possible
  7. Can you record breakout room sessions? (voice audio, the text chat etc.) Yes, these are treated as individual Teams meetings and may be recorded

More features will doubtless come to breakout rooms,  Check out this great blog post on the subject for more information - https://myteamsday.com/2020/12/09/teams-breakout-rooms/

View solution in original post