SOLVED

Settings missing in Teams

Iron Contributor

Clicking profile picture no longer shows the settings option. 

7 Replies
best response confirmed by matt howell (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi! This is Moved to the left of the profile picture. Click the ellipsis: ”...”

Adam

Thanks - missed that but I should've known you have to poke around to find things in poorly designed apps. Another pointless change from Msft! And if there's a critical visual change like this it needs to be communicated properly and more effectively. In this case, a small alert somewhere in Teams would've been helpful. Not hard to do and would reduce the endless calls from users I get about things like this. 

And now it's back under the profile picture - product seems to change at random. Terrible user experience and how is anyone supposed to administer this for users?

@adam deltinger  The ellipses menu has now disappeared and Settings has reverted back to my profile picture menu .. was this change back to how it was before intended by Microsoft?

Thanks

Who knows? Msft has always had serious change management issues. Thankfully I stopped alerting my users to changes otherwise I'd look like an idiot.

@adam deltinger the ellipsis is missing from my Teams app. Also I don't see where to customize the ribbon. 

I need to create a channel, how do i do that if the ellipsis is missing? Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by matt howell (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi! This is Moved to the left of the profile picture. Click the ellipsis: ”...”

Adam

View solution in original post