SOLVED

Setting Together Mode as view for all participants?

Copper Contributor

Can the leader/organizer of a Teams meeting set Together Mode as the default view for all participants in the meeting, or do individual participants have to select the mode?

6 Replies
It's set by the individual
Hi
This is an option every user will have, how they want to see the participants in the meeting

Adam

@ThereseSolimeno Understood, but there's no way for a meeting organizer to set a view for everyone?

@JazzyD   AFAIK, not at this time.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@JazzyD At the moment the only way to do this is manually. I mention the new meeting mode at the beginning of each meeting and 

1. Check that each participant has enabled the new Teams meeting experience. If not they need to enable it, quit Teams so will drop out of meeting and then re open Teams and join the meeting
  2. Them Together Mode is only available as an option once you have at least 4 participants in the meetings
  3. Then you ask people to switch to together mode and try out the functionality.

Note if you record the meeting it is only recorded in a 2 x 2 video mode not the Together mode view.

@JazzyD There is however a workaround, which i used.  The moderator can select the together view and then share their desktop. Works fine if you are not sharing a presentation.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@JazzyD At the moment the only way to do this is manually. I mention the new meeting mode at the beginning of each meeting and 

1. Check that each participant has enabled the new Teams meeting experience. If not they need to enable it, quit Teams so will drop out of meeting and then re open Teams and join the meeting
  2. Them Together Mode is only available as an option once you have at least 4 participants in the meetings
  3. Then you ask people to switch to together mode and try out the functionality.

Note if you record the meeting it is only recorded in a 2 x 2 video mode not the Together mode view.

View solution in original post