SOLVED

setting call policy to allow cloud recording

Bronze Contributor

Hi all,

Was wondering if someone can help, I want to allow cloud recording for 121 calls. How do I do this Im using this Set-CsTeamsCallingPolicy -Identity Staff -allowCloudRecordingForCalls $true 

But doesn't seem to work it says  The term 'Set-CsTeamsCallingPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Please help!

5 Replies

Hi @drmedner 

I have this installed already, could it be something to do with me only creating the policy this morning? 

"Staff"

@AB21805 I believe this parameter is only available for csTeamsCALLINGpolicy and will start working on 12/18/2020. AllowCloudRecording is the parameter that's currently used under csTeamsMEETINGpolicy.

best response confirmed by AB21805 (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805  I think it depends on the version of the MicrosoftTeams module you have installed.

You may need to install the MicrosoftTeams module if you haven't already

PS C:\Windows\System32> Install-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Update the module - you don't need the SkypeForBusiness module if you have the latest MicrosoftTeams module

PS C:\Windows\System32> Update-Module MicrosoftTeams -Force

You may need to exit PowerShell and start a new elevated PowerShell at this point

Import the module

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Create a session variable

PS C:\Windows\system32> $session = New-CSOnlineSession

This should prompt you to login to your tenant

Once logged in, import the commands from the newly created session

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-PSSession $session

Check what settings you have currently

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsTeamsCallingPolicy | Select Identity, allowCloudRecordingForCalls

Set the value for your Staff identity

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-CsTeamsCallingPolicy -Identity Staff -allowCloudRecordingForCalls $true

Check it worked

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsTeamsCallingPolicy | Select Identity, allowCloudRecordingForCalls

Good luck

Dave  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805  I think it depends on the version of the MicrosoftTeams module you have installed.

You may need to install the MicrosoftTeams module if you haven't already

PS C:\Windows\System32> Install-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Update the module - you don't need the SkypeForBusiness module if you have the latest MicrosoftTeams module

PS C:\Windows\System32> Update-Module MicrosoftTeams -Force

You may need to exit PowerShell and start a new elevated PowerShell at this point

Import the module

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams

Create a session variable

PS C:\Windows\system32> $session = New-CSOnlineSession

This should prompt you to login to your tenant

Once logged in, import the commands from the newly created session

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-PSSession $session

Check what settings you have currently

Set the value for your Staff identity

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-CsTeamsCallingPolicy -Identity Staff -allowCloudRecordingForCalls $true

Check it worked

Good luck

Dave  

View solution in original post