Set Auto-show channel after it has been created

Iron Contributor
When we created a new channel for the whole organization (org-wide team) we forgot to tick auto-show as described at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/auto-show-channels-for-the-whole-team-a948272c-5aa5-429c-...

We made the tick later via team settings but this does not work as expected: only new team members will auto-show the channel in their list. The other 700 existing members have to manually show the channel themselves. In practice a lot of members don't notice at all that the new channel is there.

Is there an (undocumented) way to force-show the channel for existing members or even auto-arrange the team in Teams pane higher as any newly created team is also at the bottom of the channel list?

(It's not an option to kill the channel and create a new one with initial auto-show instead.)
2 Replies
AFAIK no way to accomplish this then. I’d create a post announcing the channel and @mention the team

Adam

@adam deltingerthanks Adam!

It's what I did before but it did not do much (users just don't bother to follow the steps necessary). We still have too many "sigh, there's so much going on in Teams, it's plinging everywhere" sentiments.

My next attempt is perhaps to record a video/GIF to show the steps visually. (And yes, I do question my decision whether a company-wide channel for updates and tips for a company-used application is the right thing)