Separating Work from Personal Teams - how to open them separately?

Copper Contributor

I use Teams for work, and for Personal use. As of today, Microsoft is pushing teams for "friends and family". The issue I am running into, is that I cannot easily open teams for Work and Personal separately. Currently, you have to click on your photo on the top right, and select "Accounts & orgs", and click on your personal profile. It will then launch another instance of Teams with your personal account. This is a really terrible experience.

I would much rather have the ability to open both independently without having to go through my Work account to get to my personal account. I do not want to sign out of Work either. Is there a way to create an .exe / icon so I can access and run both to:

1. Access both and open Work and Personal at the same time without going through 3+ steps?

2. Independently if I so chose (example: I turn on my computer and only want to run my Personal account

If the App can call another instance for my Personal account, surely there is something that can be done to allow quicker access to the Personal account if you also use it for work. If this can't be resolved, I don't see myself using teams for Personal use hardly at all, and I know I will not be the only one. This will kill any adaption for users so it would probably be wise to fix this problem early on.

1 Reply

Hi @talormanda   Clearly I misunderstood your issue (I was focused on the "log out" comment) but my intention was to be helpful.  You can always make feature suggestions on our Uservoice feedback forum for the engineers to read and others to vote on.