SOLVED

Search bar missing in Teams for sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

We use SharePoint lists a lot, an we used to use them always over Teams (personal preferences). Yesterday it was there for everybody, today is gone for everybody too in the company in all our SharePoint lists.

What happen and how can i correct it? If we open the SharePoint list in SharePoint the search option at the top works, so it our current workaround. 

However we all will appreciate that search bar back in teams, HELP ME PLEASE!

5 Replies
The same happened to me! I tried to find any option to re-enable it but I couldn't.
I think having a list in Teams without the search bar is pretty useless.

@AlessioN Yes it is pretty useless without it for long list! Let me know if you find anything good about it, i google it without luck. Thanks!

it's doing the same for me. using it in sharepoint works for now but many of my users are very inconvenienced by it and are asking for the search bar back in teams. 

I'm wondering if this was just an update to the UI on Microsofts part or if there is a setting that needs changed. 

@Mikejr2009 

best response confirmed by Mikejr2009 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@grantavey  Hey, i opened a ticket and they just replied to me today so, here are they comments.

"Hello Miguel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Technical Support, my name is Ifeanyi the support Ambassador that worked with you on this support ticket #20040510.

As discussed over the phone, for user on the monthly channel that feature has been removed but for users on the semi annual channel the feature is still available. Thank you for your collaboration with me on this service request"

In summary they told me that it was after the monthly channel, so users with Semi annual channel were not affected. I can bet it has to be something with the new search bar in outlook which also sucks. There is no workaround or fix, he said we can post it in the forums to encourage the fix in future updates..... Not the answer i was expecting

@Mikejr2009  I recommend everyone go here and vote for the feature to be added back. It's a bit ridiculous that they pulled it without an immediate replacement.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38991736-sharepoint-list-searc...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mikejr2009 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@grantavey  Hey, i opened a ticket and they just replied to me today so, here are they comments.

"Hello Miguel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Technical Support, my name is Ifeanyi the support Ambassador that worked with you on this support ticket #20040510.

As discussed over the phone, for user on the monthly channel that feature has been removed but for users on the semi annual channel the feature is still available. Thank you for your collaboration with me on this service request"

In summary they told me that it was after the monthly channel, so users with Semi annual channel were not affected. I can bet it has to be something with the new search bar in outlook which also sucks. There is no workaround or fix, he said we can post it in the forums to encourage the fix in future updates..... Not the answer i was expecting

View solution in original post