SOLVED

Screen Sharing

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a problem with screen sharing during Video meetings

When I want to share my screen, only windows openned BEFORE I started the conversation are available. If I close or open a new one, the list is not refreshed. If I quit the conversation and go back, the list is correct.

Is there a way to refresh this list ?

Thanks for your help

33 Replies

@PeterRising I have just run a diagnostic package which O365 support asked me to do and uploaded the relevant log files it created to MS. Hopefully we will hear something back soon.

We have the same Problem here. The Support does only ask if we try turn it off an on again and cleared the cache. I hope MS will address this issue soon and fix it.

Yo tengo el mismo problema al compartir ventanas en una reunión. A la espera del pronunciamiento de Microsoft.

@Ivan_Cruz_Smith Qué versión de la aplicación Teams está ejecutando?

@NeilShorrter Hola...este error vino desde la versión 1.3.00.28779. Actualicé a la versión 1.3.00.30866 y sigue el mismo problema.

@NeilShorrter I am not certain what Microsoft support mean by that I'm afraid.  Did you hear any more from them after this?

@GerritB670 

I must admit that I see the same thing now.  However, as an earlier poster said, perhaps is actually by design in newer versions?  I'm not sure.  I will try and find out.  There are workarounds in the meantime, and there is every chance a future update will correct or reverse this.

@PeterRising On Tuesday they asked me to run a diagnostic tool, which created a logfile.  I then uploaded this logfile directly to Microsoft quoting a reference number that the O365 support guy gave me. Not heard anything else since. :cry:

The latest from MS is they want me to create a new Windows account because they think mine is corrupted. I've already done this once so I'm not going to do it again. Not too sure why they won't accept this either looks like a bug or a change in functionality.

Buenos días. Pienso lo mismo. Es un error que no es individual sino que afecta a una gran cantidad de gente. Deberían solucionarlo con una actualización del Teams. 

@NeilShorrter hola buen dia....al parecer ya esta bien la opcion de compartir ventana en el Teams....probé el dia de hoy y ya esta bien.....saludos!!.

I had a conversation with O365 support. They asked me to delete al the files and folder from directory %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams 

After this i had my shared screen refreshed when opening a new program.

best response confirmed by FrancoisGregoire (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FrancoisGregoire is this working for you yet? I now have an updated Teams version. It has the new pre-meeting screen, the breakout room option and the problem with sharing opened applications has been corrected.

@NeilShorrter 

Hi Neil

Yes ! This is now working !!

Now, if I close and reopen the "share screen" panel, the Windows list is refreshed ans I can see the new openned Windows.

Thanks a lot for your help