Screen sharing not complying with Meetings policies

Deleted
Not applicable

I have been testing out screen sharing scenarios with external users for a client and have a scenario where by the external user does not follow the organiser policy as stated in the Microsoft docs Screen sharing rules for Teams Meeting Policies  it states

"Meeting participants who don't have any policies assigned (for example, anonymous, guest, B2B, and federated participants) inherit the policy of the meeting organizer."

However this is not the experience I have found when running through some tests for a client who wanted to set the Teams Meeting sharing policy to Single application.

The results I got were:

• When people joined the meeting via the web app as anonymous users they could only share a single application window. So followed the organisers policy setting
  • However when people joined the meeting who had signed signed into their desktop Teams app they could share their entire desktop. So did not reflect the organisers policy. I am assuming that this is because I have joined the Teams meeting as a Teams user in another tenant so it is referring to my meeting policy for screen sharing as set by my organisation

Is it working as expected and that the wording in Microsoft docs needs to be updated or should external people joining a teams meeting using the Team app and signed in with their home account also follow the organisers policy.

Thanks 

1 Reply

@Deleted 

Hi, what you are describing - I would refer to as expected behaviour as the users signing in will be getting user policies assigned from their own tenant.