screen sharing and video problems whenever we use the microsoft cloud instead of peer to peer

Copper Contributor

Hey guys/girls,

we have problems right now regarding screen sharing and video calls out of our office LAN whenever we use the microsoft cloud instead of calling peer to peer. Strangely when someone else outside of our LAN tries to share their screen or use video it works better quality wise. What we experience is very low fps and bitrate and even freezing or blackscreens. Peer to peer works just fine though. I just tested it and it went from 2fps using the cloud to instantly 10fps using p2p.

I tried measuring jitter, latency and packet loss using network assessment toolkit for teams and the values are completely fine. Our router and gateway isnt blocking or denying any packets either and I can trace normal communication with the used microsoft server. So how come the quality gets so low when we switch to the cloud? Anybody has any idea?

1 Reply

@jasink97 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Additional tech support is available at support.microsoft.com or Answers.microsoft.com, where authorized Microsoft agents are available to trouble an issue until it’s resolved.