Screen sharing and late arrivals problem

Steel Contributor
[User says]
One thing I've noticed is that if sharing a screen during a Teams meeting/call, when someone else joins the call (e.g., they are 5 minutes late), the presenter has to share their screen again in order for the newcomer to also see it. You could imagine how annoying that can be if there are 10 people invited to the meeting and several arrive a few minutes late. Has anyone else had this issue and do you now a workaround?
(1 liked)

[I asked]

First I have heard of this issue.  I'll do some research to see what I can find out. Curious as to if you were sharing the whole screen of a multi-screen connection, the whole Desktop or just one application?

[User says]
The whole desktop is the only time I have tried it.

This dialog was from February 18 and not sure what builds we each had. Was this a known issue or has anyone else experienced this?
11 Replies

@Forrest Hoffman  This is constantly happening to my team now. Late arrivals do not see the screen share. Stop sharing and reshare is the only workaround.

@Forrest Hoffman Hi Forrest, has this question/issue been progressed at all - I'd also like to know a solution/way around to this problem.

Have a good Friday!

I checked with 2 users and neither has experienced the problem recently.
I'm guessing that a Teams app update or service update resolved it.

Problem seems to be back.  Have a user now who has to reshare his screen every time someone joins, disconnects, or manipulates their own Teams windows (maximize, minimize, etc).  The presenter screen goes back to the first slide of his presentation even though his computer is on slide 10 or something.

Not just displaying like this for new users, but for everyone in the meeting.

Has anyone figured this out yet?

To me, this is a big problem. Even if you are on time, and the presenter has started to share, you have to ask them to stop sharing and start again. This is a big issue when you have 20+ people in a meeting. There should b a work around on this.
Hearing about this issue as well in our organization and hoping for a fix soon since it's been out there a while.
Do we have a fix for this yet? Last update on this string is from 2022, and my team is still having the issue in early 2023
I am in this situation also - at least we are not along -
seems like after rejoining meeting, teams is confused -

@Forrest Hoffman We have been faced with the same problem. Instead of the presenter having to reshare, it does work if the late attendee leaves the meeting, Quits the Teams desktop app, then restarts it and rejoins the meeting. This is much less disruptive to the presenter.

@VeraJS I agree, I have not heard anything from my associates if this has re-occurred in our tenant since I first posted this. I have found other people experiencing the same recently as described in this post. 

@Forrest Hoffman We have this same issue and have a ticket open with Microsoft.  So far, they have logs, but no resolution.  I will track this string to see if anyone else has success.  For us, this seems to be related to larger meetings (100+ people).  Also, we've had a similar issue on 1:1 calls where folks can't see shared screen. 2 workarounds, share screen first before calling, and have the other person call, and first person can share. This has been an issue for over a year.