Screen not visible to others while Screensharing using MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Screen is not visible to others when an user is doing Screensharing using Teams.

The issue is occurring only with one user at the moment and NOT with anyone else. This is a new corporate Windows 10 Version 1909 machine and the user had logged in for the first time.

The same user has another Win10 machine where the issue doesn't occur.

Do you have any suggestions?

5 Replies
Make sure that machine is fully patched and that the latest video drivers from the manufacturer are installed.

@Ed Woodrick Machine is fully patched. Its on Windows 10 Version 1909. Other users on this Win10 Version 1909 or in other words, other users have the same corporate image who doesn't have this issue. Even the display driver has been updated to the latest one on this user's machine.

In addition to that, I have uninstalled MS Teams, deleted "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Teams", "%localappdata%\Teams", "%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams" & "%appdata%\Teams". Then re-installed it - no go.

Any other suggestions?

Hi, maybe worth checking if the user experiences the same technical issue when they join with the Teams web app using the same machine .
User doesn't experience the issue with Teams web app. The issue is only with the Teams desktop client. The user was given a new Windows 10 two weeks ago. So she doesn't want to swap the machine as well.
So do you know of any setting that can cause this screen sharing issue with Teams?
Good that you checked that, it means is not to do with the machine and likely to do with the Teams app. Have you tried installing an older version of Teams, and see if that works. After that update it to the newest ver. Just coming up with stuff I would try (sorry I never experienced this )