SOLVED

Scoped Directory Not Working

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have setup an address book policy in exchange and have scoped directory on in teams. The ABP is working great in outlook only showing who we wanted but in Teams it is inconsistent. For some users it works great but for others they see certain users that shouldn't be in search. And even the users showing in search incorrectly is inconsistent, for one user they see contact A  but not contact B and another user will see contact B but not contact A even though nobody should see contact A or B.

This issue is on both the desktop version of teams and the browser one.

Is there anything else in the back-end I need to do to get this to work?

3 Replies

Yeah, when I played with it few months back I was able to see "suggested" people outside of the scope, and some other glitches. Since then we've received the Information barriers feature though, so try that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/information-barriers

best response confirmed by DM213 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Information barriers may be an option. Yet I also think you have to consider that this functionality is in Office 365 E5 or the standalone advanced compliance SKU which could mean a lot more expense for the business if you haven’t got that SKU. It’s not necessarily an easy conversation as it works as you need for a proportion of users.

I would personally open a ticket to Microsoft and get them to look into the consistency issue. It ought to be consistent across all users. If Microsoft can’t remediate it then I would consider alternate options.

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard @Vasil Michev 

Thanks, I'll open a ticket with MS to see what they think, hopefully they have an answer as I don't see management wanting to spend more money just to fix this issue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DM213 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Information barriers may be an option. Yet I also think you have to consider that this functionality is in Office 365 E5 or the standalone advanced compliance SKU which could mean a lot more expense for the business if you haven’t got that SKU. It’s not necessarily an easy conversation as it works as you need for a proportion of users.

I would personally open a ticket to Microsoft and get them to look into the consistency issue. It ought to be consistent across all users. If Microsoft can’t remediate it then I would consider alternate options.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post