SOLVED

Scheduling a meeting doesn't create the event on calendar

Copper Contributor

If I schedule a meeting from calendar, since yesterday the operation it lasted minutes, but at the end the event on calendar was created.

Today, same looong time where the spinning icon keep to rolling, but after minutes, the event is created (mail are sent, link works, on Posts timeline there is), but on Calendar NOTHING.

I guess it is related to mail notification (i did some changes on Exchange creating a Outbound connector), but I'm not so sure.

Any possibility to read some logs or something similar?

Thanks

5 Replies

@SandroRiz 

Hi there - 

That is frustrating. Like you said, your meeting that was scheduled in Outlook should also appear in your Microsoft Teams calendar.  Here is a link to where that information is documented: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-add-in-for-outlook

If you have everything configured as shown in the document and you are still experiencing issues, I would suggest asking the questions in the support forum at Answers.microsoft.com where they can have a look at your logs and see exactly what could be happening.  

Thank you!

@Laurie Pottmeyer 

I schedule the meeting in Teams not in Outlook. And where it is not created, it is in the Teams Calendar.

BTW I discovered another clue.

If I schedule a meeting and DON'T choose a Team/Channel, there is no issue. Only if I schedule in a channel the problem occurs. See below for better explanation.

1.png

2.png

Interesting, indeed. When you add a channel to a meeting this way, the meeting becomes what is called a channel meeting. Since you are the organizer of the meeting, it absolutely should show up on your calendar.

It might be best to ask support about this one. Explain to them that you are creating a chanbel meeting and you are the organizer of the meeting but it does not display on your calendar, yet, a normal Teams meeting does.

You can always ask in the support forum at answers.microsoft.com or you can call support.

Sorry I can not help more.

@SandroRiz I am having the exact same issue setting up Teams for our organization. As soon as we mention a team/channel, the invite isn't sent out and nothing appears on any calendars.

Were you able to find a fix you could share perhaps? Any information would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

John

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions