Schedule a meeting is missing form teams app on Mac and from web browser

Copper Contributor

I am trying a schedule a meeting in Microsoft Teams, however the option is missing completely from the Mac app and also from the browser version.  I only have available 'Activity', 'Chat', 'Teams', 'Calls', and 'Files'.

I have checked the meeting policies at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/,. Policy assigned for all users are on for: 

Allow channel meeting scheduling

- Allow scheduling private meetings

This is how the policy looks: 

1.png

Do I need to make additional setting in O365 or set up exchange ? 

15 Replies
So no one have the calendar option in the Teams client?

How is the exchange online config looking?
Licensed?

@kkrumov did you manage to resolve this? I have teams for Mac, thought I was going crazy as cannot 'schedule a meeting'?

Same here, I use Teams in my web browser. Scheduling meetings is completely unavailable.

@Eloy_Ramirez 

It can be done through MS Outlook, in Calendar, creating a Meeting. It is an option there for Teams Meeting.

Sorry, but what kind of a solution is this to schedule meeting through Outlook?

We do not use Outlook for email and calendars, but have Teams for online meetings. How do we schedule meetings then? :D

@LukaJ1705 There are two versions of Teams. The business version comes as part of Office 365, which includes a mailbox, and the two are totally integrated, when you schedule a meeting it's created in your associated mailbox. No mailbox, no meeting.

There is also what's called the 'Free' version of Teams, this doesn't come with a mailbox, and instead you can integrate with gmail or just get a link to send using your own email

@Steven CollierWe have a business version, but we are not using Microsoft products for our corporate email and calendars. Unfortunately since some actions in Teams tend to be so complicated, we end up not using Teams as well, and rater use free solutions... all I would need is an option to schedule a meeting and get a link which I can send via email or DM. Is that really too much to ask from a video conferencing software? :)

@LukaJ1705 In a channel, can you press the Meet button and start a meeting. When you join you should be offered the options below to share that link.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 172926.png

You can then close the meeting, and restart it later if you like.

For all other ways to schedule a meeting you need a calendar in Office 365, so there is a place to store and retrieve that meeting link.

I eventually managed to get it to send out a meeting invite with the link this way:

Open Teams on the Mac

Click on Teams in the left hand menu

Top right of Screen shows Meet - with a drop down menu

Select Schedule a Meeting.

Works this week.  Will probably be broken again in the next update.  Support for those not using Outlook on a Mac is incredibly flakey.

@Steven Collier 

@GabrielHay    I just keep getting "Unable to create meetingSomething went wrong. Please try again." every time I try to schedule a Teams meeting on my Mac. Its been this way for a while now. Would be nice if MS would get this sorted so I don't have to go back to Zoom.

I am also having this problem in my Mac. Got the email that free was being phased out so diligently did all steps but I don’t want Outlook. Now can’t schedule a meeting at all. Hateful MS - Zoom is so much easier and will own meeting space with MS trying to own all programs and apps. Solution to this problem: use Zoom.
I made the mistake of buying Office 2021 for Mac thinking that Outlook would be the same as the Windows version of 4 years ago - it isn't, it's worse. I also that that since Teams was bundled in with the Office package I would get the benefits of the paid version of Teams and MS does all they can to ensure that you DO think this as it leads to more sales. Sadly, Teams sucks and even in the MS Office package its still just the free version. However, I did find a workaround for this "Unable to create meeting. Something went wrong. Please try again" problem on Teams for Mac. I schedule all meetings through clicking the calendar icon and NOT through the dedicated link for "new meeting" or "schedule meeting" for whatever reason this solves it for me. I've been using Zoom but they are greedy little beast-ards over there in that they only give you 40 minute single person meetings which is about 10-15 minutes too short so Zoom manages to embarass me every single meeting I have so I am growing to hate them even more than I hate Microsoft. Teams will at least give you an hour and let you meet with more than one person. Eventually Microsoft will buy Zoom like they did Skype and ruin it by dedicating zero budget to development and upkeep....like they did with Skype.

@kkrumov I was able to schedule a meeting using the Teams iOS app (I guess it would work with the Android app too). It is not a great workaround, but it worked for me.