safeguarding personal email addresses when sending out invites

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm organising a Teams based partnership event and want to send invitations to 50 plus people from external organisations and private individuals.  This creates issues under GDPR as they haven't all given consent to share their email addresses with one another.

Looking at other similar questions I get the impression the only way to keep individuals emails private is to send the link via outlook and BCC the recipients.  The issue I can see with doing this is that whilst they'll have a link to the event unless they email me back I won't know if they've accepted the invite and it won't go automatically into their calendar.  Is there a way around this?

I've seen some posts refer to "Hide attendee list" under "response options" tab in outlook but I don't appear to have that option in my version of Outlook.  

Any suggestions?

4 Replies

Hi @Moolie365  AFAIK, there's no way around this unless you want to send invitations individually to your guest list.  That could work if you had 20 or fewer, but obviously it's not practical for larger invitation lists.

Anyone else know better?

@Moolie365 

Create the meeting in Outlook with maybe just your name, then choose Forward as iCalendar. Add your attendees to the BCC and they will each not see each other. You won't get acceptances however.

ical.png

@Moolie365 

You need to create the meeting in the web-based Outlook 365, then under the "Response Options" click "Hide attendee list".

This is only available in the Outlook 365 web-based using your browser. 

Good luck!