Running multiple applications(Microsoft Teams(Teams.exe), custom Windows App (.exe)) side by side

Copper Contributor

I am trying to Integrate the teams in our windows application that appears side by side on the window screen.

As of now we have split the window with browser to control Microsoft web teams where the user has to login every time whenever the application opens. so user does not want Web Teams as it have the drawback .

So can you please let us know the way of integrating the Microsoft teams executable file into windows form (c# ,VB,etc.) Below is the reference view that should appear on the window screen

Capture.PNG

5 Replies

Hi @Anitheswari 

In order to have multiple sessions of Teams you will have to use the web version of Teams (which you mentioned). You can avoid the need to log-in every time by selecting "Yes" for the "Stay Signed-in Prompt" after sign-in on your web browser.

Regards,
Adil Yoosuf

@adilyoosuf  I want to open Microsoft Team application (Teams.exe) in windows form and not web version of Microsoft Team.

I tried to open Teams.exe in windows form in VB .net but it's opening separately as a executable file in Windows OS. 

Code snippet is as below:

Dim p As New System.Diagnostics.Process
        p.StartInfo.FileName = "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe"
        p.StartInfo.Arguments = "--processStart ""Teams.exe"""
        p.Start()
        p.WaitForInputIdle()

SetParent(p.MainWindowHandle, Panel2.Handle)
        SendMessage(p.MainWindowHandle, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MAXIMIZE, 0)
        Me.BringToFront()

Hi @Anitheswari 

Understand your requirement. It would help if you can share your objective to open multiple instances of the Teams desktop application.

Regards,

Adil Yoosuf

@adilyoosuf 

Our requirement is to integrate Microsoft Teams into our Windows Application. This application will have windows form which will have 2 panels. One panel to bind Microsoft Teams(.exe) that runs with in the panel and other panel to bind other application(.exe).

Regards,
Anitha.
I don't think you can get Teams Desktop running inside your application. Playing with web version might be possible (apps like Franz does this).
Perhaps you could take a look at the requirements and think the goals there and how to meet them. It might be easier to create the app that runs inside Teams instead.