Routing Voice Calls to teams via SIP URI and not telephone number via Direct Routing

Copper Contributor

I have a Teams setup with users and noticed when I view a users properties in PowerShell I see

Get-CsOnlineUser -Identity "firstname.lastname@domain.com" | fl *sip*
OnPremSIPEnabled   : True
OnPremSipAddress   : sip:Firstname.Lastname@domain.com
SipProxyAddress    : sip:Firstname.Lastname@domain.com
SipAddress         : sip:Firstname.Lastname@domain.com

My question is that instead of routing voice calls to the SBC via a TEL# that is mapped to a users identity can I just route the calls to their URI?

I have users who dont have full telephone numbers but just internal extensions in a Cisco phone system that will send calls to the SBC and then to teams. Currently we do this with a S4B on Prem server using the URI firstname.lastname@domain.com and it works great. I'd like to mimic this functionality without doing a full redesign on the Cisco system.

1 Reply

Hi,

If I understand you correct you want to send the call from Cisco to the SBC and from the SBC you want to dial the user in Teams using the SIP address?

I think that it is possible, at least that was a workaround to get calls to a Call Queue in Teams when using Direct Routing before it was supported to use DR numbers with resource accounts that you can to today. But with that said it is not supported, so if it doesn't work you will not get any support from Microsoft and if it stops working after some update you won't get any support.