Reverse engineering change management following rapid Teams deployment

Copper Contributor

Hi,

The impact of covid led to my org rolling out Teams pretty much overnight to enable new working from home arrangements. This was to some extent a success, with the incentive of working from home enough to get people embracing the move. Teams then became BAU without any plans for additional support or resourcing.

As you can probably imagine, there has been a degree of chaos - around 1,500 people using Teams primarily as a video conferencing suite and a way to lose documents amid the flurry of teams, channels and chats. I see people becoming frustrated and reverting to old habits and my worry is that, as they start drifting back to the workplace and the reliance on video conferencing diminishes, they will turn their back on Teams.

I am looking to reverse engineer a change management process to turn this around over the next couple of months. I have not been given a project team or budget, so I have assembled a team of a dozen champions willing to work off the side of their desk to assist, as time allows.

I was wondering whether anyone had experience of similar or insight they might like to share before I meet with the champions for the first time next week. I may only get one shot at selling my plan to them, so it needs to be a good one. Any thoughts?

1 Reply

Hello @grigsy   I certainly can understand your situation. I found an article online that may help address your question:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/change-management-strategy

I hope this helps....