Returned assignment still register as completed for students

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Is there a way for assignments that are returned to students to be moved out of the completed category and back into assigned?

We have students that are submitting assignments that are incompleted, so they are given feedback and the assignment is returned before the due date, but it is still registering as completed for the student and it also does not seem to notify the student that the assignment is returned.

Previously the student used to be able to click on the assignments icon and see a list of all their assignments and the status.  Now they have to click on

• the assignment,
  • then the team and
  • completed

to see the status of their assignment.

Regards,

Darren

5 Replies
Same problem. Would be very happy to have a solution.
Best regards
Nicole Rosset

@Darren Murdoch 

I'm having that same problem. Also, students who mark an assignment as "Turned In" when it hasn't been. Can I undo that, as a teacher? And can a student undo it for him/herself? So frustrating when I see the number of turned in assignments, and, every morning, need to go all the way into the list of students for that assignment to check again in case the assignment has finally been turned in for real.

Same here- can’t believe that Teams, Moodle or Classroom can’t make a feedback loop work properly - they say they are teacher-centred and this is one of the fundamentals of our job :pensive_face:

Did you ever get an answer or solution?  I am having this same issue. @Darren Murdoch 

@yvette_cardenas No I haven't heard anything at all. I might post it on uservoice at microsoftteams.uservoice.com as that is where it can get upvoted and may be changed if there are enough votes.