SOLVED

Return to Skype after installing Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

I want to move back from Microsoft Teams to Skype for Business, but when I try to uninstall Teams, it doesn't help and I don't have my Skype with full functionality back. Is it possible to remove Teams for good and enjoy Skype as I used to?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @valera111,

there is a backend change required to do this. I would recommend you to contact your admin and ask him to do this. This link should help him to get started: Getting started with your Microsoft Teams upgrade - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

For some companies it is not possible to move back to Skype for Business because their organisation are configured for TeamsOnly.

Skype for Business Online will also retire on July 31th 2021 - so for an organisation living in Office 365 Teams is the only way to go forward.

Regards,

Paul

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @valera111,

there is a backend change required to do this. I would recommend you to contact your admin and ask him to do this. This link should help him to get started: Getting started with your Microsoft Teams upgrade - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

For some companies it is not possible to move back to Skype for Business because their organisation are configured for TeamsOnly.

Skype for Business Online will also retire on July 31th 2021 - so for an organisation living in Office 365 Teams is the only way to go forward.

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post