Restrict org-wide teams from being invited to meetings

Copper Contributor

We've recently migrated to O365 and Teams. We have a org-wide wide team that auto adds in new employees. Every now and again, users accidentally invite that team to a meeting, which means that everyone in the business receives that meeting invitation. Is there any way to restrict org-wide teams from being invited to meetings?

Thanks,

Scott 

10 Replies

@skotyw 

Yes in Exchange you can limit who can email any group, given invites are sent to a group this would stop most people sending invites.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 110149.png

@Steven Collier 

Thanks very much for this, I've implemented that, so will see how it goes.

Appreciated. 

@Steven Collier 

We have a Microsoft team/community of 1000+ users that meet once a quarter. One of our users sent the enter community/team an invite by mistake. Is there a way to prevent this from happening without restricting people from forwarding future invites? We want our community to continue to grow organically, but we do not want users to 'accidentally' use the team/community invite mechanism. Is there a way to do this without limiting people from forwarding the actual quarterly invite?

@mmlanius I'm not sure I understand how that's a different question to the answer above? 

@Steven Collier 

My main concern and question is . . . will that prevent employees from forwarding an invite from an existing team meeting? 

@mmlanius there is an Outlook option that will prevent a meeting request being forwarded, and you can set meeting options in Teams to only allow people that were directly invited to join directly.

@Steven Collier, thank you - I do want to allow employees to forward an invite I created but prevent them from creating a new and different invite using the existing community/team listing. Is that feasible?

@skotyw I know this is an old thread, but did this work for you please? We're having the same issue! Thanks :)

@KChinnock No, unfortunately not. In the end, I sent an email round to our employees to advise against it, and they now no longer do it.

Ah ok, thanks for the quick reply! I guess we will have to trust users...... eeek!