Resource Accounts Error in Microsoft Teams Admin Center

Brass Contributor

Today I came across an issue in the Teams portal TAC\Powershell.

I Can't create a resource account on the TAC or in Powershell.

Error message:

New-CsOnlineApplicationInstanceV2_NewExpanded : Request to create resource account failed with status code Forbidden. Reason Phrase Forbidden{"odata.error":{"code":"Authorization_RequestDenied","message":{"lang":"en","value":"Insufficient privileges to complete the operation."},"requestId":"f9145788-4d28-4923-a7aa-c3fbc0cdd426","date":"2022-01-13T16:13:39"}}At C:\Users\username\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\MicrosoftTeams\3.0.0\net472\exports\ProxyCmdletDefinitions.ps1:29488 char:9+ $steppablePipeline.Process($_)+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: ({ body = Micros...CreateRequest }:<>f__AnonymousType1`1) [New-CsOnlineApp...eV2_NewExpanded], UndeclaredResponseException+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InternalServerError,Microsoft.Teams.ConfigAPI.Cmdlets.Generated.Cmdlets.NewCsOnlineApplicationInstanceV2_NewExpanded.

until today we can create a resource account with only the "Teams administrator role".

it seems like something changed in Microsoft.

from my testing, when I add "Directory Writers role" it's solved.

if there is any info from Microsoft about those changes please feel free to share in the comments.

0 Replies