SOLVED

Reporting in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Looking for detailed reports to pull out from Teams , which will include daily usage per user, specifically in EDU sector where we want know the number of Meetings conducted, Time spent on content creation in teams, student activity etc. Insights is one way to do it, but that is not available for the admin portal to manage. 

The OOB reports  do not give the information in details. We are looking to pull these reports centrally.

How can we do that? Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@KulSam 

If you have Power BI Pro, you can add the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics app into your tenant.  There are more options available within this than the out of the box reports.  I wrote about it in the following blog post.  Take a look and see if it fits your needs?

https://www.peterrising.co.uk/blog/microsoft-365-usage-analytics-in-power-bi

@PeterRising Thanks for the link. We already are using it, but the data reflected here is of Dec 19 and nothing after that.

We tried refreshing and logging again but same issue. Any hints on this?

@KulSam 

Do you have it connected to your Tenant ID OK I am presuming?

Also, you do have full Power BI Pro licenses?  You didn't have a trial that expired?

Yes, for both questions.
Connected to the correct tenant and I am using a Power BI License.

@KulSam 

Have you tried the Update App option?

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 07.35.58.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@KulSam 

If you have Power BI Pro, you can add the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics app into your tenant.  There are more options available within this than the out of the box reports.  I wrote about it in the following blog post.  Take a look and see if it fits your needs?

https://www.peterrising.co.uk/blog/microsoft-365-usage-analytics-in-power-bi

View solution in original post