Rejoining a meeting creates new meeting parallel to existing one

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

has anyone experienced the behavior that when a user leaves an ongoing meeting (created via Outlook addin) and rejoins that this user will be placed in an entirely new meeting room?

We've had 14 people in the meeting and amongst others, the meeting organizer had to leave the meeting. Upon attempting to return all users rejoining were placed in a new meeting but they could see the participants list in the top right corner. The meeting organizer was not the first person to leave which I initally thought could have been the issue.

Moreover the users trying to rejoin were still seeing the ongoing meeting in the Chats feature in the left rail of the Teams client.

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

2 Replies

@Deleted I had this exact same issue today!  I tried recording the meeting and it didn't work.  So, I left the meeting and when I tried to rejoin it from either the invitation in my Outlook or through Teams I was brought into a completely separate "room". 

I had to have everyone leave the meeting they were currently in and rejoin again in order to have everyone be in the same "room".  I was the meeting organizer but not the first person in the original meeting.

Can anyone provide some assistance on this issue?

@FJohnstone We had a client experience this today for the first time.  Has anyone found a resolution?