Register AudioCodes C450HD with Intune / Android Enterprise Platform

Brass Contributor

I am in the process of trying out the AudioCodes C450HD phones to utilize with Teams Direct Routing.  I am having a terrible time trying to get this device to register properly with Microsoft Intune and subsequently show up in the Teams Admin Portal.  I've gone through all of the necessary steps that would take a long time to list here, and continue to hit a brick wall.  I've tried to speak with people at AudioCodes as well as open cases with Microsoft.  Both have been unsuccessful.  Has anyone successfully implemented this type of device in your environment, and if so what did you do to make this happen?  This shouldn't be rocket science, right?

7 Replies

Hi @Chris Krafcky, yes, I've got it working here on my desk (with Teams Direct Routing). Works as a charme. Do you have any compliance policies in Intune which blocks Android?

20190729_082342.jpg20190729_091608 - Kopie.jpg

@Erik365Online I am trying to get this connected via Intune with little to no compliance policies in place as well as a host of policies.  I am trying to get this to work via our corporate tenant as well as my own personal tenant.  I can't seem to do either.  Exactly how are you connecting/registering your device?  Does it show up as personal or as corporate?  Does it show as rooted?  Is the phone registered via Android Enterprise or via Android Device Administrator?  Once it shows up as Intune being the MDM, does it subsequently show up in the Teams admin portal?  I'm at a loss here and both Microsoft and AudioCodes can't seem to help.

Hi @Chris Krafcky , 

actually there isn't much/anything (special) configured on Intune because I tested the phone first in a demo/test tenant. I tested this with my "personal" test user account which is licensed with E3 + Phone System License. This account was licensed months ago, so fully provisioned.

Regarding your questions I'll have to check what's configured on Intune at all.

I'll come back to you as soon as I was able to check this.

In the meantime I'd like to know the follwoing:

• Do you have a proxy or firewall in place which might be interfere with the connection of the phone towards MS Phone System/Teams?
  • Is the phone in a different net/vlan [e.g. different to the client vlan]?
  • What's the last screen you get? E.g. login screen, company portal?
  • Do you get any error messages during boot up/sign in?
  • Did you check the phone's settings? E.g. Is everything ok with its network config etc.

@Erik365Online 

Thanks for the quick replies and offer to help.  Here are your answers.

• Do you have a proxy or firewall in place which might be interfere with the connection of the phone towards MS Phone System/Teams? No, this is going straight out to the internet.
  • Is the phone in a different net/vlan [e.g. different to the client vlan]? No VLAN set up at this point. Not on the corporate network.
  • What's the last screen you get? E.g. login screen, company portal? The last screen that I get is an error screen that states 'Oops. Work profiles can not be setup on a fully managed device.'
  • Do you get any error messages during boot up/sign in? No errors that I can see.  Nothing within Intune either.
  • Did you check the phone's settings? E.g. Is everything ok with its network config etc. Everything seems to be ok.  Phone is DHCP. Only issue that I see is the firmware is OLD.  It currently says that it is C450HD_TEAMS_0.  I saw some documentation from MS that says the currently supported firmware is C450HD_TEAMS_.225.  I can't even upgrade the firmware to rule that out.

Hi @Chris Krafcky,
I've checked my Intune settings.

Well, my AC C450HD is not registered on Intune. It shows up on the Teams Admin Center\Devices page. 

The user account which I use to sign in to Teams is licensed with a Office 365 E3 + Phone System.

I did not assign any EMS licenses via O365 Admin Portal which is required for Intune device registration.

What license did you assign to the users which you use to sigin in?

@Erik365Online 

be sure that you don't have any blocks for Android devices in Intune and if so you can create an exception in Devices - Enroll Devices - Corportae Device Identifiers and ADD your Phone then test it again

antoniopedaciwepaeu_0-1689861316967.png

@Chris Krafckythe problem is that the account has admin privilegies, try to use an account without teams admin or tenant admin and it will connect