Recording Teams Meeting video camera full screen

Copper Contributor

Hello Teams community! In the Red Cross we would love to be able to record a teams meeting (done) and turn on your video (done) but have the recording of the meeting capture the full screen of the shared video (don't know if this is possible).

Basically, this would be an easy way to create a video training of a live-session.

Right now, the shared video only takes up a quarter of the screen because that is the teams default. It would be fantastic to toggle this default to allow for the recording to capture the hosts full screen of shared video camera. 

Does anybody have any ideas here?

7 Replies
Currently, your options would be to utilize Live Events, assuming full voice / screen interaction isn't needed with the attendee's. This can record the event fullscreen straight to Stream.

Or you can utilize try utilizing a software in the background to record your screen / output such as OBS, to record your Screen while doing the call, then upload this recording to Stream as well.
Thank you! I think Live Events will meet this need. We will play around with it!
Did the Live Events work to record full screen?

@lukebeckman 

I had this problem and think I've found a work-around.

Start your meeting with your video disabled. Open the winows 10 camera app (or any other program to display your camera feed). In teams goto the share option and share the camera app. Record your session.

Worked for me! Hope it is of some use ...

@rubikwizard 

I couldn't get an option f sharing the camera app. Is there any other way in which we can share our full-screen teaching video?

@Rajat_Verma_ 

I am using the Teams Desktop app, and it allows me to share any other program I currently have open (i.e. the camera app) by clicking the icon shown below. I know the web-based version of Teams sometimes has different functionality, so maybe that is the problem? I have done this in all my lessons and it works really well.

rubikwizard_0-1594197563798.png

@rubikwizard

Thank you very much! It worked.