Recording of conferences in free version of MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Dear sirs,

could you please tell me how audio and video conferences can be recorded in the free version of MS Teams. As far as I can see there is no recording button such as described in tutorials.

The recordings would concern group conferences of approximately 10 participants each (duration of every conference about 120 minutes). Me and the participants are not working in the same company. Do all the participants need an account for MS Teams or is there a possible access for them just by using the internet browser?

Which file format and file size can be expected in such recordings as described above? Is there a limit for file sizes that can be recorded and downloaded in the free version?

Many thanks for your help & best regards!

(answers can be given either in English or German)

1 Reply

Hello @Elisa123 ,

The free version of Microsoft Teams doesn't support recordings :( , here is a reference article to compare free version of microsoft teams with office 365 version:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/differences-between-microsoft-teams-and-microsoft-teams-f...

As far as the other question is concerned users can join in as guests and they don't need MS teams account, they should be able to join via browser without having to download an addin; Chrome, edge work fine, haven't tested others.

Thanks