Really bad microphone quality even with good microphone

Copper Contributor

I have a Shure SM7B + Cloudlifter + Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen

I also have this problem in zoom meetings. The quality just sounds like a 10$ USB mic (muffled idk just bad).

The quality usually is insanely high quality on everything else like audacity.

10 Replies
Hey! Turn on "Original sound" in the left upper corner! That should fix everything! (did for me)
Hope that helps!
Regards, Mikkel.
Where's that option? I'm looking in the config icon, then devices but see no such option

@SkyHooves When you're configuring the audio settings, there's an "Advanced" button; click that and there should be an option to enable original sound during meetings. I believe it doesn't turn it on automatically—it just gives you the option to turn it on and off during calls.

I have no such option, were you referring to Zoom or Teams?

I am chiming in on this thread to mention that I am using a Scarlett Solo + Shure SM58 and I am having the same issues as OP in Teams.

I have the same issue (Behringer U-phoria UM2 + Behringer C-1 mic).

@TravisRebello on zoom my mic sounds muffled.,  I am using shure mic and Scarlett Solo  3rd gen. when on GarageBand records great but on Zoom sounds muffled. Sounds the same when using Logi (Logitech) web cam. tried several settings sound preference settings. nothing has worked 

Me too I'm running the behringer q802usb and a rode podmic sounds horrible in teams

I'm getting this issue too, I have the shure sm7b and the focusrite scarlett solo 3rd gen, and my mic sounds like it's underwater

@OrbitAbsolute 

My issue may have self resolved. Other folks are telling me that my voice quality sounds great. 

I am wondering if the issue only manifests on self-tests within Teams.

This may be 'too old school' but did you check the cable/plug? Little grime will cause issues...