Read only for members in team and channels

Copper Contributor

I have a Team with some channels and I like only some members to have read/write access. For other members I like "read only" access. I cant find any setting for this. Is this limitation from my company or is it not possible in Teams at all?

Best would of course be if I could set this on channel level but top level is also ok.

Thanks in advance for any support 

4 Replies

@Peter_Bergendahl Teams is a collaboration platform, it doesn't have a read only option. 

@Steven Collier Thanks for the (typical sales) answer but unfortunately Teams will then fail collaborating with my Team. So I need to find another tool. Actually to bad, since Teams is very useful...

You could create a Team and then set the moderation options which will allow only the owners to post messages in select channels?

SHWDAndrewBaker_0-1664521605432.png

On the SharePoint side though you would probably have to change the member permissions to Read Only so that it matches the same permissions as the Visitors group

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/allow-read-only-access-for-files-in-ms-teams/a...

You can "Manage Access" at the folder level.  Open the Teams Documents library in SharePoint.  Change some folders to Read Only for members.