SOLVED

Re-registering with Teams (free)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

some time ago, I deleted my Teams (free) organization and the associated Azure AD tenant. I now wanted to re-register with Teams. However, I get the following error message:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

Troubleshooting details
Request Id: d5d90e4a-1fb7-424f-8dc5-3c7d3cf08a00
Correlation Id: c2d3cead-fd84-40c3-a4a4-0a56bec8fa74
Timestamp: 2020-07-28T13:10:45Z
Message: AADSTS90002: Tenant '62c25437-6228-4d23-8f6e-697b42d78960' not found. This may happen if there are no active subscriptions for the tenant. Check to make sure you have the correct tenant ID. Check with your subscription administrator.

I already tried to create a new Azure AD tenant. However, this didn't solve the problem. What should I do in order to be able to re-register with Teams?

Thank you very much,

Thorsten

6 Replies
Are you using the same email address to register? Try another or make sure to also try in a private browser session

Adam
Yes, it's the same email address as previously. Making a new account would probably work, but I'd prefer it to be linked to my current Microsoft account. There must be some way to get it back to a clean state, so I can register again. I suspect that the account is still loosely linked to Teams despite my earlier attempts to remove my previous installation completely.
Yes, there’s probably something left, maybe on Microsoft’s side. Try give them a call

Adam
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ThorstenLang Just for clarity's sake, were you able to successfully complete all the steps at the Sign up for Teams free page, or did you get that error on one of these steps?

@Ryan Steele  I have the same issue.

I get this error, while registering with the same email address after entering the password during the above process.

Hi, this is a known issue. I haven’t heard of anyone succeeding in re-using their credentials (from deleted Teams free org.) when trying to sign up for a new one. AFAIK you need to create a new account and then sign up again.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ThorstenLang Just for clarity's sake, were you able to successfully complete all the steps at the Sign up for Teams free page, or did you get that error on one of these steps?

View solution in original post