SOLVED

Random emails being sent from Teams

Copper Contributor

Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone shed some light?  The person who set up two of our Teams/Groups keeps receiving email notifications when random comments have been made - in either of the Teams.  We can't see a pattern as yet but she received one yesterday which was the third response to an ongoing conversation, but nothing for the original post or previous responses.

We've checked her notification settings and she's set up to receive one every 8 hours, but we can't find anything else that would provide her with email notifications.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

6 Replies
Hi!
It can be due to being @ mentioned, or that she is following the channel or that specific thread. She should also just recieve emails when she's offline or inactive for an amount of time

Adam

Hi @adam deltinger , thank you for taking the time to respond.

No, she's not being @menitoned, and this is different from the notification emails she receives when her account is inactive.  This is a direct email to her.  There is no reason, that we can find, in any of the notification settings that would provide this output.  We also can't replicate it which is why I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

best response confirmed by P_Mac365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @P_Mac365  The only thing I can suggest, then, is to open a ticket with Microsoft support or to go answers.microsoft.com for more personalized tech support.  

@P_Mac365 This has happened to me too.

I went into answers.microsoft.com and I found out why, though

@Addie755 What was the answer?  I checked there and couldn't find anything relevant.  Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by P_Mac365 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @P_Mac365  The only thing I can suggest, then, is to open a ticket with Microsoft support or to go answers.microsoft.com for more personalized tech support.  

View solution in original post