SOLVED

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Brass Contributor

Every time someone tries to change the image of the team we get this error, "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again." We try and try and try and try and try and try again with NADA. I have asked for help, but get nothing. So does anyone else have this issue or just us? A solution? 

125 Replies
I've tried all the suggestion, too, and have had zero luck. Would love a resolution on this.

same problem... it has been more than 6 months and no fix still?

I have this issue with my work Teams and personal Teams

It has been a while... how is this not fixed yet?

I have tried every single recommendation here and other threads including the "clear out cache" fix in UserVoice... nothing!! 

I already wasted at least 1 hour looking for fixes online and trying them all out!!!!

My fix: change via online Teams and not the desktop app - worked for me

@aratezarc 

hello all, I am facing similar challenges with updating my profile pic on MS Teams. Tried pretty much everything all have suggested but it still doesnt work. I've submitted feedback to the MS support team via MS Teams, but am not very hopeful this will be resolved. if anyone has any other recommendations, they are most welcome!

Nice that you had success. What browser were you using? I've tried in both the app and online environments and get the same error message in both. What were the dimensions of your graphic and what file format did you use?

@curious_1 Sorry it's still not working for you!

I'm on Dell PC, image was 100 x 100px, PNG. 

Is the picture @aratezarc something you could share? If not, then have you tried to use a simple picture with one color only? Just to see, that basic behavior is working. 

@Petri X Good point about single colour - strangely that was my image of choice. See attached so others can trial.

I get the "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again." error when trying to change my image in the desktop app, web version, android version, and have tried everything in this thread regarding image types/sizes etc. Besides Teams, my Office 365 profile pic loads in everything else, and there are several other online threads for this problem. So for someone where it doesn't work in the desktop app, web, or mobile app version, and it has nothing to do with the image size etc, what is the solution, or rather what is the problem? 

@MateuszWysocki Same issue exactly on web as well. Tried 7 pictures, png and jpg.

How frustrating. I'm having the same issue. Microsoft's error messages really haven't improved since about thirty years...

I'm having the same issue. Tried everything mentioned above (changing file formats, resolutions etc, uploading through web app). Didn"t help(

Asked for help in Teams Community in Facebook, sent feedback through the desktop app. No result.

I'm also having the same issue.  Tried desktop and online and various sizes.  Only when the image was too low of a resolution did I get a different message.  

@SherJackson Could you please attach the image that was accepted by the system?

@volgawelt Sorry if I mislead you ... it still doesn't work.  When I tried a lower resolution picture I got an error that the resolution was too low.  For me, I have 2 organizations I belong to so the one already had a picture before I joined Teams (from my Office365) but the other organization doesn't show a picture and that is the one I cannot attach it to.

Forget any advanced feature … Post after post about people not being able TO CHANGE PROFILE PICTURE! And the error has not yet been fixed! I can't change my profile picture neither. My first taste of #MicrosoftTeams.

Nice.  
:pile_of_poo:

I had to register to post my reply.
The way I got it to work was the following way. I logged in to my Microsoft Office 365 account, which is connected to the same account as my Teams is. I changed my profile picture there and decided to wait for 24h and then it updated onto my Teams profile picture. No matter how big picture it was, or what format.

TLDR. Log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account that is connected to your Teams. Change the profile picture there and after 24 hours it should have updated in Teams.

Hope this helps anyone. @on2472445 

@Samqvist_

I get the same error even when trying to upload to office 365.... :( 

I just joined Teams and tried to add my profile picture and getting this error. It's amazing the simplest things that are always broken with Microsoft software. 

Sadly it is impossible to do if you have a work or a school email, as the admin can control whether you can or cannot change the profile picture.