SOLVED

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Brass Contributor

Every time someone tries to change the image of the team we get this error, "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again." We try and try and try and try and try and try again with NADA. I have asked for help, but get nothing. So does anyone else have this issue or just us? A solution? 

125 Replies
That worked for me.

@Petri X Yes. I actually had to open the image in Photoshop and save with an sRGB color space for Teams to accept the PNG image. Crazy.

@Pernille-Eskebo This whole conversation would be unnecessary if the message told us what the problem is. "There was a problem..." is not helpful. Something more like "The image must be 512 x 512 pixels" would be helpful.

@strat1971  I wish that Microsoft hear us more often :D But then someone comes and says "use User Voice...". But here is one example from User Voice: Start calendar week on monday (or allow setting) 

User shared this in 2017, and I feel that is a clear bug on Teams. But with 270 votes, MS has not even give an eye for that yet.

Personally I always wish that developers informs what is the actual problem. If size is wrong, then the error message says "The file is too big" or "The width of if is too wide". If there is problem in colors, then it says: "Picture should be have 8bit colors". General errors are always bad as you have no clue what is wrong.

Have a nice and safe day !

Same problem, not resolved...

@P_Moore 

Following is error I see in response:
{"errorCode":"ExchangeSetProfilePictureCallFailed","message":"Failed to execute Office365 backend request UpdateUserPhotoRequest. Request Url: https://outlook.office365.com/api/v2.0/me/photo/$value, Request Method: PUT, Response Status Code: NotFound, Response Headers: request-id: 604c55e7-f99a-48a8-8288-d89f162a759e\r\nX-CalculatedBETarget: AM6PR04MB6421.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com\r\nX-DiagInfo: AM6PR04MB6421\r\nX-BEServer: AM6PR04MB6421\r\nX-FEServer: AM6P191CA0074\r\nDate: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 08:29:36 GMT\r\nServer: Microsoft-IIS/10.0\r\nX-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319\r\n, Reason Phrase: Not Found"}

Thanks, 256 x 256 .png worked for me too, other .png or .jpg did not work. @ericis 

@P_Moore I solved it doing same picture upload BUT from the MS Teams Desktop version. Then it went straight with no hassle whatever the size of the picture was.

@ericis Just tried 256x256 png. Didn't work either.

Sill unresolved !

Can't upload picture, have tried all mentioned above to no joy

Same issue.

Tried phone app, desktop app, web app, 512x512, 256x256, 256 colours, standing on my head...

Nothing works.

@Simon1981 

Here is example photo I made and saved that into .png. That when just fine into profile.

Example photo for profile.png

Can you try with similar, a very basic file. If that is working, then you could start trying a bit more challenging pictures. If that doesn't work, then there must be something else broken.

@Ptelle same here as well. Microsoft should have figured out a solution to this issue already

@_pekko_  how do you reduce it? :(

@Juan Carlos González Martín no, no es un problema ni de tamaño ni de formato

@Jeremy Miller thanks, but no... changing the name at the same time dosent solve the upload problem

@ericis unfortunatelly, nor size, nor format worked for me

Scaling the image to 100x100 resolved my issue.

nothing of above works for me :(