"Share to Outlook" - Where does a saved draft go? [Update] They are being automatically deleted. ???

Copper Contributor

teamsuser270_0-1617307860716.png

When composing a "Share to Outlook" email from a Teams channel post, it appears to auto-save your draft and even give you the option to "Save Draft". However, I cannot for the life of me figure out where these drafts go.

Anybody have any clue?

I could not find anyone else asking this question, so that means I am probably overlooking something simple.

12 Replies

@teamsuser270 It'll be in your drafts folder in Outlook.

That is what I expected, so if that is not happening, any thoughts on troubleshooting?
On a closer look, it does show up in my Drafts, but then is automatically deleted a few moments later.

@teamsuser270 The test I did hasn't been deleted by the next day, so I suggest maybe some kind of outlook rule, sweep etc might be clearing it in your mailbox. Do other drafts stay put?

@Steven Collier, appreciate the follow up. Yeah, it is rather odd: all the other drafts stay put.

I cannot think of anything that I intentionally setup. However, I will review for rules, and follow up.

@teamsuser270 I have the same problem. Have you found the root cause?

Unfortunately, no. I have not found a way to dismiss the "Share conversation over email" Teams dialog that does not also automatically delete the corresponding draft from my Drafts folder.

I cannot find anything apparent that is leading to the behavior.

At least now I know it is not just me.

@teamsuser270 

I just lost an outlook message that I generated from a Teams Post and that I actively marked to be saved as draft. Nothing in my outlook draft folder. No rules in outlook that could have had an effect. Very frustrating.

Replicated on other machines in the office. Reaching out to Microsoft Support.
Please let me know what Microsoft Support says, I have experienced the same issue.

@teamsuser270 this is so odd, but surprisingly, I somehow stumbled across my drafts. When I checked my deleted folder, I saw the message in the screenshot below. I clicked on the link and lo and behold, my Teams drafts were there. I don't quite know where "there" is but I was able to restore the message. 

Sonya_T_0-1654723140328.png