"Replies Restricted" with Teams for Android

Copper Contributor

Hi, 
One of our users is getting "Replies Restricted" on their Teams app (Android device):

pyankulov_0-1586627849776.png

The user has no issues with their web/desktop app. The problem with this "Replies Restricted" is only for some channels in our team and only when using Android app.

We tried literally everything - from reinstalling the app, clearing all data (+cache), resetting database, sign out / in and rebooting the phone.  This is the version in use:

pyankulov_1-1586628084699.png

Any clues or recommendations ?

Kind Regards,
PY

40 Replies

Hi , we have the same issues with a few members, they are able to write thru the computer but not thru the App on their phone. 

Is there any way this can get it fix ASAP? 

We're also having this issue, but only specific channels within Teams, Android users only. Happy to provide any information required to support to get a fix out.

We also have members with this issue in Android. Does anyone know how/if we can get Microsoft to look into this issue?

@Mark_Altman  Hi, I've opened a ticket with their support and they are looking into this. I will keep this post updated once we found the root cause and how to fix it.

Kind Regards,
PY

It seems that the issue is introduced with the latest Teams app for Android (1416/1.0.0.2020040603). After reverting to version 1416/1.0.0.2020032405 replies are no longer restricted...
Hey,i just figured it out with my head teacher,you will have to put all the channels on private but it works.
Put the channels on private :)
You have to make the channels private,it worked for my class. :)
Make all the channels private.

@UwuTheClouds123 You cannot make the General channel private and that's where one of my teachers is having the posting problem.  Suggestions?

Private channels is a poor solution for us. Our organisation has several teams, each with several channels. If we add/remove someone to our Organisation or our Team, we will have to provide permissions to each private channel, rather than just the Team. Membership management will become a nightmare.

Another issue is that every Team has a SharePoint site that stores shared files. When you make a channel private, it creates a new SharePoint site for the channel. We will then have tons of SharePoint sites instead of just one per Team.

My teams is doing the same thing with Android users on their phones. The desktop they are able to chat. I hope they fix it soon.

Same problem here.

When give members to owners powers he can reply and post.. but i cannot do that
i post it too in microsoft community forum  Ms Community forum.

i work on school and this problem became a nightmare.

i still using Bluestacks (android Emulator for pc) to see what happen when i change somethings... but without success.

I'm using a rooted OnePlus 6 on the latest Teams version and have this issue for every class. The only thing that worked for me is clearing all app storage and signing in again. At that, I could only lift the 'restriction' until the next day. What's wrong and why is this happening to so many Android users?

@charlesgorby we don't know whats going on...Microsoft support says he haven't any report this before, but i believe a much people has reported this before than me .. i have more than 100+ students reporting same error... and i can't do anything ... this is horrible.

Some problem in teams show replies restricted

any solution yet? @pyankulov 

Nothing yet neither on MS Forum ... i still waiting response there, ms support don't know how to answer this... i said to escalate this problem to teams engineer... but i still waiting a answer.