"Other Contacts" in Teams Calling

Copper Contributor

Will someone explain to me the purpose of "Other Contacts" in Teams?  Whenever I add a person to Speed Dial, it always adds it to Other Contacts which to me is very frustrating.  I already have it added to Speed Dial, why would I want it in Other contacts?  It causes extra work when this happens.  Now I have to delete each individual after adding them to Speed Dial.  I would really like to understand the logic behind this please.  Thank you

3 Replies

Hi @theminntwins  I think it was originally meant as a way to categorize contacts that weren't in your organization or favorites.  But honestly I can't offer a solution on how to disable what you're experiencing.

@theminntwinsI am also getting questions from my users regarding the 'other contacts' and the 'suggested contacts' in the Teams speed dial tab.  Would be great to know how this gets populated.

@JGardella Yes!  Suggested contacts has been brought up to me several times as well. I can't seem to find a pattern as to how Suggest contacts is populated.  I thought maybe by how many times you call someone but that does not seem to be the case. I don't want it to suggest someone I only talk to maybe a handful of times. If anyone has in insight on how Suggested contacts and Other contacts work, that would be great!