SOLVED

"Invite some other people" link does not exist on business inlog

Copper Contributor

I'm new here so I hope this is the right forum for the question.

Our company have just bought Office 365 and set up an organisation for Teams. I am the web developer on the company and the technical contact. We had Teams before but we signed in with personal account and it was a link there named "Invite some other people" that we used. But now when I log in with the business account, that link is gone. I am administrator and have looked around everywhere to find a setting for this but just can't find.

What is it that I don't understand? Why is it not shown? How are we supposed to invite external poeple? We have enabled guest access. But can't find how to actually invite those either.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @PeterJAk ,

That screen oly appears once for each user when they first access Teams.

To invite guest users to a particular team. Click the 3 dots ... next to the team name and choose add members. Enter the users email and click add as a guest. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

Thanks for the response,

"That screen oly appears once for each user when they first access Teams." Not sure what you mean. That link exist for me all the time when I log in on the private account.

Anyway, okay it seems to work to add guests that way you explaind, allthough the guest doesn't get an invitation email. Why?

I thought maybe I need to schedule a meeting and invite the guest to the meeting. But no, it doesn't exist any Calendar or Meetings icon in the menu. So it's not possible to schedule a meeting. Why?

@Andrew Hodges I somehow (don't really remember how) managed to get the Calendar and from there I could create a scheduled meeting and from that meeting invite people the way I hoped. That seems to be the only way to invite people without forcing them to create an account. Weird but, it's Microsoft...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @PeterJAk ,

That screen oly appears once for each user when they first access Teams.

To invite guest users to a particular team. Click the 3 dots ... next to the team name and choose add members. Enter the users email and click add as a guest. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

View solution in original post