SOLVED

"Don't Host" button missing in meeting invites after send.

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this belongs here or in Outlook forum - Create a new meeting in Outlook and click the Teams Meeting button creates a Teams meeting out of it just fine, and offers the Join, Meeting Options, and Don't Host button. Once you send the invitation though, going back to edit the meeting the first two buttons are there, but the "Don't Host" button is missing. You can customize the ribbon and add the button, but you have to put it in a custom group. The customize toolbar dialog even shows the button is in the Teams Meeting group, but it doesn't display.

John_R007_0-1645133120153.png

John_R007_1-1645133155049.png

I've also noticed that adding the button to a custom group causes it to appear multiple times under the available commands list.
Anyone else experiencing this? We're running 

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2201 Build 16.0.14827.20186) 64-bit

TIA

John R

7 Replies
does it happen to all your client?
it works for me ....

before you find the root cause, you may want to change the default setting in "file"-"option"-"calendar"-"calendar option" as a workaround
It is happening on multiple clients. We have the default in calendar options turned off (at the org level so that Microsoft didn't change it). We don't know how long it has been happening since it is just with the recent Covid restrictions lifting that people have wanted to go back to a Teams meeting and change it to be an in person meeting.
The exact same issue is happening to me. I'm using Outlook Desktop client, the Don't Host Online button is missing even though it shows up in the commands list and should be displayed.

I have other colleagues who can see it, and some who can't and we are all on the same version of Outlook desktop. I would love a fix for this.
The same thing is happening to me. I need to be able to remove the link from the invitation because we host instructor led training through a learning system and having a teams link show in the calendar invitation causes confusion about how to join the instructor led training. Furthermore, when attendees use the teams link from the outlook invitation vs joining from the learning system, it causes attendees to not be marked as having attended in the LMS causing reporting issues. How can I remove it from the outlook calendar meetings?
best response confirmed by MichalAllen (Microsoft)
I've looked through every option on my Customize Ribbon commands and "Don't Host Online" doesn't show up anywhere. If I don't catch it when I create a meeting and invite someone else, it'll be an online TEAMS meeting unless I delete the meeting and try again. I tried going into the browser Outlook 365 instead of using the desktop Outlook 365 and I still can't fix it. I tried going into TEAMS calendar to fix it and I still can't fix it. Any other suggestions to select "Don't Host Online" after a meeting has been created with invited people?

@AL4969 There is another aticle on this  Teams settings missing in Outlook - Microsoft Community 

You have to customise the ribbon on a New meeting/Appointment window.  From there you can add a custom group and add "Don't Host online" to it.

Regards,

Kerry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions