"ConnectorsEnabled" - Does Org/Tenant Setting Trump Individual Team/Group One?

Copper Contributor

We're alive & well with Teams, but now wish to start adding add'l apps/connectors/bots, etc.

I've created the App Setup Policy & Perm Policy, and modified the Org Settings per some info I found here & elsewhere.

I've had some success, but the group I'm working with wants to be able to work/chat with a Bot App (InnoEcho) and when they try to send a msg to the Azure AppID they keep getting essentially a 'denied' error that says 'Sending new messages to this bot has been disabled by your administrator."

Is this is an issue with Connectors, or something else?  The 'ConnectorsEnabled' at the tenant level is $false, but at the UnifiedGroup level it is all $true.

Like most O365 things, am I correct in assuming that 'Org Trumps Group'?  If so, to get Connector functionality in this single Team, I'd have to: 

1.  Enable it at the Org level

2,  Then take a CSV and DISable it for every one that I do not yet want to have it in PS ('set-unifiedgroup').

Thanks

3 Replies

Yes, the org-wide settings take precedence over the individual group ones. You will need to enable connectors on the tenant level, then toggle it for any group as needed.

Connectors and bots are different though, so also double-check the Teams org-wide settings for that specific app/bot.

OK.  Thankfully the 'get-team' CMDLET now does a few more productive things so I can get my entire set of Teams (800+) and not struggle with my O365 Group mess (5000+ ~).  Then I'll see what I can do with Set-UnifiedGroup using the GroupID make further configuration(s).

I know App Setup & Perms Policies are new, and I saw that there's yet another feature about to be released.  They're promising from the standpoint of controlling release of apps to specific users/Teams, but I need to be careful as it could be a nasty genie to let out of the bottle.

Thanks!